December 20, 2011

Stopping for Sweet Cakes at Yasukochi's Sweet Stop


Cakes for breakfast!  Doesn't get much better than that, right?  Well, after biting into the first cake, we realized that we couldn't save the extras for the car ride (since they had to be refrigerated), so we had to split 5 cakes between 3 people.  Needless to say, I was sweeted out.  I probably won't be craving cakes for breakfast for a loooong time (aka 2 days haha) jk!


Coffee Crunch Cake


I was really surprised at this cake, since the cream was more like ice cream.  I don't know if it was supposed to be like that, or if it was just really cold that day, but it added a special touch to the cake.  The crunch was also fun to eat, especially since I like chewing on my food (as long as it is not too hard).  About the "coffee"..I honestly could not taste any hint of coffee.  It was mostly just a sweet cake with nice texture.  Maybe you are supposed to eat it with coffee..?

But it's still a super pretty cake!  If you count it my way, there are a total of NINE layers in this cake! but it still doesn't beat that 20-layer cake, that was legitly 20 layers.

Chocolate/Strawberry Roll


Always a plus when the strawberry cream tastes like strawberry, and when there are actual strawberries!


Green Tea Roll


Sorry for the weird greenish/brown/orange color.  It was greener in real life!  But the taste was a bit bland.  I guess the camera knew how much green tea flavor was really in the cake.


Guava Cake


This was also a quite a disappointment.  There was not much guava taste, so it just tasted like...cake...which I can get anywhere else.

I was trying so hard to avoid the ugly lime-green hotel table, so my pictures turned out kinda crappy.  By the time I got to the guava cake, I was super hungry and couldn't really think when I was taking the pictures.  Hence, the weird angle.  And you can still see the green table! gahh!


Eaten by Cathy. 


Yasukochi's Sweet Stop
1790 Sutter St
San Francisco, CA 94115
(415) 931-8165

It's inside the Super Mira Market, which is right across the street from Hotel Tomo!  San Francisco's Japantown is pretty small, so it should be easy to find!

0 comments: