December 26, 2011

Jazz Cat Fusion Shabu Shabu + Tea Station Boba


JAZZ CAT!  A strangely cute name...

Jazz Cat Sign


Right when you walk in through the doors, you see this massive wall decorated around their name, Jazz Cat.  Impressive! 




After you walk in through the curtains to the dining area, you see even MORE BLING!  WOW.  It was a bit intimidating with all the shiny jewels everywhere you looked, and the big bulky chandeliers hanging wherever there was space.  It didn't help that the only colors in the room were red and black.  But I mean, you get used to it after a few minutes, so it was all good. 
They also have modern paintings of people playing saxophones and trumpets, which went along with their "Jazz Cat" theme.  It was quite fun looking at the decor while we waited for our food.


Soup Bases

Jazz Cat offers a very wide selection of soup bases.  There were a grand total of 36 (yes, I counted) soup bases to choose from!  Pictured above are the

Taiwanese Spicy - Upper Left
Jazz Cat House Special - Upper Right
Japanese Spicy Miso - Lower Left
Thai Spicy - Lower Right

And man, they don't kid around with their spicy soups.  THEY ARE SPICY.


Before

I ordered the Pork + Japanese Spicy Miso soup base + Japanese Sesame sauce. 
I read on a yelp review that the Japanese Spicy Miso wasn't spicy, but it was spicy all right!  I was dying halfway, but it was so good, so I had to keep eating it.  The soup was very rich and flavorful, and I even drank a few bowls at the end.

The veggies came with the usual cabbage, tofu, and vermicelli.  It also had fishcake, broccoli, kabocha, baby corn, and a whole egg for you to crack!  The meat came with a decent amount too.  You can choose from chicken, pork, beef, veggies, and even lamb!  They have an option called the "T-Rex" where you can get more meat and less veggies for the same price, but I just stuck with the normal portions.

They also have a variety of sauces to choose from.  My Japanese Sesame sauce was very fragrant.  It wasn't too heavy on the sesame, which was perfect!  I was glad I ordered the sesame sauce, since it helped keep me sane while eating my spicy hot pot.  


Aftermath of Hurricane Cathy


Mmm...it was a hearty meal that certainly warmed me up!  The hot pot was always boiling hot, since they don't turn the heat off on you midway while you are eating, unlike some other places.  I will definitely come back again!  I really want to try all their soup bases and sauces hehehe


Green Tea with Boba


Of course, I needed something cold and sweet after such a big, spicy hot pot!  We made a stop by Tea Station, and I got a green tea with boba.  Delicious!!!  They have perfectly chewy boba and fragrant tea.  They gave me almost a half cup of boba, which I didn't mind.  It was so good that I finished it before I even got home!


Eaten by Cathy. 

Jazz Cat Fusion Shabu
18588 Gale Ave
City of Industry, CA 91748
(626) 581-8588

0 comments: