January 10, 2013

Mita Pasta

Mita Pasta


Ciao!  I was craving some pasta, and since me-ta craving ta pasta, we decided to venture into Mita Pasta!  
(Alternate story: we just happened to pass by, and the entrance was just so beautiful, it sucked us in.)


Butter filled biscuits
Butter filled biscuits


Water pitcher


Usually when I go out to eat, I just get an iced water.  And when they come with lemon slices, I'm like YEAAHH!!  So when the waiter brought over the pitcher of water with a cherry tomato and slice of cucumber.... !  I took a sip and wow!  It was so refreshing.  The water was crisp and cold, and you could taste hints of the cucumber.  I honestly couldn't taste the tomato, but it sure made the prettiest glass of water I've ever seen.


Italian Salad
Italian salad


I love how the salads here in Taiwan are never skimpy!  They come with so many different veggies, and the dressings are just amazing.  Italian vinaigrettes are actually one of my favorites types of salad dressings, and this was one of the best I've had.  As a garlic enthusiast, I loved the minced garlic and how it complemented the slight sourness of the vinaigrette.  Just make sure you eat a mint afterwards... or soup should do the trick too 


Cream Chowder
Cream Chowder


French Onion Soup
French Onion soup


Remember my previous experience with the French Onion Soup?  Well this time, the French Onion soup had cheese on top!  Yay!  I think cheese adds that serious heartiness to the soup.  Although, I would have preferred some kind of white cheese (Swiss, maybe Parmesan?) instead of the Cheddar.  Man, I'm so hard to please...haha.


Spinach Pasta
Spinach Pasta 


I loved how the noodles were twirled so delicately onto the plate.  I almost didn't want to eat the pasta because it was so pretty!  But man, it smelled de-lish!  The olive oil base created a really fresh fragrance, and the garlic added just the right amount of kick.


Mushroom Pasta
Mushroom pasta


Aww, the pasta kind of collapsed before I could snap a good photo.  The mushroom pasta came with many different types of mushrooms, making it quite fun to eat!  (Hmm, I'll eat one of you...one of you....hmm maybe two of you...)  This was also an olive oil-based pasta, so it had a light, refreshing flavor.


Mango Iced Tea
Mango Iced Tea


Grapefruit Iced Tea
Grapefruit Iced Tea


And it's not Taiwan without your choice of tea!  We opted for the mango and grapefruit iced teas, which were both so delicious.  Taiwan generally has super fabulous teas, whether it's at a fancy restaurant or a humble street stand. 


Jello shots
Jello shots


Teehee jello shots!  Jello and shots are a pretty awesome combination, considering how shots are for those who are more mature, yet jello holds such a playful childlike aura to it.  


Plum gelatin shot
Sour plum jello shot


Grape wine shot
Grape wine jello shot


The sour plum jello shot tasted like those dried sour plums from the Asian supermarkets.  For those of you who have never tried them, they're these dried plums with suspiciously addicting white powder on them.  The second it touches your tongue, you're salivating like a mad cow because it's just SO SOUR.  My mother always tells me that if I'm low on saliva, I should just pop one in my mouth... and it's worked every single time.  Eating the jello brought back a flood of memories, almost as fast as the rush of saliva in my mouth!   And for the cherry on top, there was....a plum on the bottom! 

The grape wine jello shot was like eating sweet grape wine in the form of jello.   It was just as yummy as the sour plum one, but this time, there were cubes of grape chilling on the top!




Mita Pasta  
長安東路二段81 
No. 81, Sec. 2, Chang An Road
Taipei, Taiwan   
+886-2-2515-7628  

0 comments: