January 29, 2013

Ramen Sanji

Ramen Sanji


If there's one thing you should know about me, it should be the fact that I LOVE RAMEN!  And I'm not talking about those instant kinds (although those are pretty delicious, too), but the legit stuff is where my heart's at.  So when I saw the sign that said "World's #1 Ramen," I had to go see for myself.  I mean, I know that technically anyone can claim to have the best ramen, but you better serve some good food to back up your game.  Or else prepared to get a back-handed slap from me.  Haha just kidding. 



#1 Ramen!


Chefs cooking ramen with love


Portrait


Apparently the restaurant, Ramen Sanji, was named after Warrior Sanji.  All their ramen is named after warriors, but I was dead-set on the Ramen Sanji.  The ramens were all pretty similar, save for a few changes in the number of eggs and pork slices (Woo, so much change...can't deal with it).  They also had a few shoyu ramens, but I've learned over the years of ramen-eating to always order the tonkotsu broths on first visits.


Ramen
Ramen Sanji


Ramen


The curly egg noodles were cooked al dente, just the way I like it!  The egg had perfectly gooey yolk, and I loved the fact that they used brown eggs instead of white.  

The pork had a nice char-grilled flavor, but it was too fatty for my taste (although it made the broth super rich and creamy hehe).  It definitely wasn't the cleanest broth I had.  I mean look at it!  It's like when you see a murky lake and you worry about the fishes living in it.  But in the ramen world, thick broths are the most flavorful!  It was so good, I ended up draining the heck out of that ramen broth lake.  I ♥ the broth, but it probably wasn't that great for my ♥.


Display of Ramen


Bowls and bowls of (plastic) ramen on display!  If you're waiting in line, you can just gawk open-mouthed, at these pretty looking bowls.  Plastic can be mighty appetizing when you're hungry!


Lining up for ramen


Worth lining up for!  I wouldn't say that it's the world's #1 ramen, but it was one of the best I've had.  They should advertise that it's one of Cathy's favorite ramens!  




Ramen Sanji
at ATT4Fun Mall 
台北市信義區松壽路 12號 5樓
No. 12, Song Shou Road, 5FL
Taipei, Taiwan
http://ramensanji.com.tw
 (02) 7737-5188

0 comments: