February 9, 2012

Dim Sum at Happy Harbor Restuarant

Dim sum! One of my favorite foods of all time.  And my favorite place to eat it?  Happy Harbor!
Unlike usual dim sum places, there are no carts here.  You order from a menu, and your food is made to order!  I like it this way, since the food always comes out hot and fresh.  
And another plus: your food is served by men [and women] in black suits!  Yes!




They have flat screen TV's in case you want to watch sports or Chinese news while you are eating.  Hmm..but with all the mouth-watering food sitting right in front of you, how could you look away?


The Chef with the Obama's and some other peeps

Pick your own tea!  Chrysanthemum tea won today.

Shrimp dumplings (har gow)

Pork Shumai

Pork Spareribs

Shark fin dumplings


For you shark-lovers out there, don't worry!  I don't think they use real shark fin for these dumplings.  
For you shark fin-lovers out there, I'm sorry.


Shrimp rice noodles

Spring rolls


Yes!  Freshly fried, so they are still hot and crunchy!  I always burn my tongue eating them.  Some things never change.


Sticky rice innards

Taro cake


The dim sum here is pretty pricey, but the food is just so good!  Sadly, they like to use chipped plates.   


Tofu with abalone sauce


This is one of my favorite dishes here.  The tofu is so soft, it literally melts in your mouth!


BBQ Pork Pastry

Portuguese Egg Tarts


You can never leave dim sum hungry since there are just so many dishes!  Whenever I go with my family, I always end up stuffed to the max.  We like to split everything evenly, so I end up eating the same amount of food as a full-grown man.  No complaints though!


Eaten by Cathy.

Happy Harbor Restaurant
1015 Nogales St
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 965-2020

Happy Harbor Seafood Restaurant on Urbanspoon

0 comments: