Dessert for breakfast. Admit it, we've all dreamed of it at one point in our lives. But it was either your parents telling you it was super unhealthy and you'll die early, or your moral conscience talking. But it's alright my friend, I solved your problem! Mr. Apple Pie has disguised himself as the popular breakfast item, Mrs. Pancake to create the ultimate morning meal: Apple Pie Pancakes!
The ingredients you'll need:
2 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of sugar
A dash of salt
1 cup of milk
1 apple (or more to preference)
You'll also need a bit of butter to butter up your skillet!
This recipe makes about six to eight pancakes depending on the size.
1) Mix together all the ingredients except for the apple. Set batter aside.
2) Cut the apple into strips. The strips should be about 1cm in thickness.
3) Throw the apple strips into the batter and thoroughly mix.
4) Use medium heat and then butter the skillet.
5) Pour the batter into the skillet. And depending on if you're feeling cute mini pancakes or huge Frisbee pancakes, pour as much or as little batter as you want. Flip the pancake when it is golden brown and same for the other side. Cook covered.
And waalaa! You got some dessert for breakfast! And it's a tad bit more healthy. These pancakes are already sweet so no need to add breakfast syrups. It's also a pretty versatile recipe so go ahead and play around with it! I wanted to try this recipe with sliced banana. Mmm...
Made by Jocelyn.