March 2, 2012

There are shrimp swimming at ABC Seafood Restaurant


Have I mentioned that I don't like shrimp?  No, I don't think I have.  I don't like looking at them alive and I don't like eating them when they're dead.  Or I mean cooked.  Either way, shrimp is just no good.

Actually, there's (kind of) a story behind this.  I loved shrimp as a child but that all changed within a seconds.  I was eating a bowl of sticky rice which had shrimp in it.  My mom was chatting with my dad and I wasn't paying much attention to them.  

"Blah blah blah bloop blah shrimp blah..." 

And that moment, I just all of sudden lost my taste for shrimp.  I don't have the slightest idea what happened!  Some psychological thing or witchery?  But anyways, I still blame my mom for my dislike for shrimp.

I think one of the main reasons I don't like shrimp is because the texture.  When you bite into a shrimp, it kind of has a crunch to it and it feels like I'm  biting and popping veins!

So we ate at ABC Seafood Restaurant again for dim sum.  My grandfather's fangirl wasn't here today so we didn't get any free dishes. 


Shrimp Dumpling (Har Gau)


Look, shrimp!  We ordered so many shrimp dishes that day.  It was like a shrimp fest!  But a fest I couldn't join...


Golden Shrimp Dumpling



Mango Shrimp Roll


So we got the shrimp steamed, deep-fried, and rolled!  We got to cover all the bases!  I haven't tried any of these dishes but my family loves the Mango Shrimp Roll.  My mom swears it's the best dish at ABC.
I ended up ordering a few dishes myself.


Deep Fried Taro Dumpling taro filled with minced meat
 


Started the lunch off with some good old deep fried food!  And these delicious dumplings sure did it well!  The meat inside is a bit salty but in an amazing way because the taro helps balance it out and the deep fried outside adds a nice crisp shell.


Steamed Vegetarian Dumpling



Next, I decided on something healthier to help squeeze the oil out of my pores.  I know I already wrote about these vegetarian dumplings the last time but they're my favorite dish here!  And this time, they put different colored vegetable on top which makes them the perfect food for photos.  


Minced Beef Ball


As I said before, my grandfather's girl wasn't in today, so we didn't get the free Sesame Rolls like last time...But I really wanted something sweet to end my meal and I was really craving mango pudding.  Technically, you could make mango pudding at home with one of those boxes of mango pudding mix you buy from the supermarkets.  And you could probably make ten servings of it with the money you pay for one at ABC.  But hey, technically you can make anything at home!  So my sister and I ended up splitting one.


I "heart" Mango Pudding!



Eaten by Jocelyn.

ABC Seafood Restaurant
782 Barber Ln
Milpitas, CA 95035

0 comments: